Fire & Storm Damage Help
While we don’t have any control on natural calamities, there are some preventive measures that can be taken to protect your property from becoming completely damaged and ruined. While fire damages all the green cover, plantings and trees, the aftermath is even worse. The land becomes barren and since there are no living roots to hold the soil in place, it also results in massive mudslides. A similar problem occurs when there is a storm in the area which causes flooding on a property.
Custom Landscape Concrete WorkThe one way to mitigate these problems is to get custom outdoor masonry features built that can prevent extensive damage from occurring. This is where we at Epik Masonry come into the picture. We recognize the need for the right kind of exterior wall structures and drainage solutions that can help reduce the impact of the damage that fires and storms cause in our areas. The different services we offer include:
- Retaining Walls - Many people have outdoor spaces on their property with retaining walls constructed at different points. These walls provide support to the landscaping, prevent soil erosion and enhance the solidity of the landscape. It’s common to see old railroad tie walls on properties across the region. These timber stacked garden walls have a lifespan of about 10 years or more depending on the quality of the materials and construction. Unfortunately, they aren’t able to withstand the ravages of a storm or fire.
Water and fire and other elements have taken their toll and most of these railroad tie walls have either gotten completely destroyed by fires or impacted by the elements and have split, hollowed-out and become weak. This means they are no longer able to serve the purpose they have been built for. We can demolish these existing walls and construct strong and resilient retaining walls made of concrete masonry units or natural stone, at strategic points on your property.
- Outdoor Concrete Installations - We also have the expertise to build various outdoor concrete features such as poured concrete driveways, pathways, and walkways that won’t get impacted by floods and storms. The one way to prevent extensive damage of the outdoor features is to increase the proportion of hardscaping in your landscape. Not only does it lend solidity to the outdoor spaces, but makes them easy to maintain and increases the value of the property as well.
- Grading - This is a very important aspect of any landscaping project. The land has to be graded correctly in order to channel the water towards the exterior of your property. Even in the event of storms or excessive rainfall, the water will flow away from your home structure, thus reducing the amount of damage it causes.
- Drainage and Trenching - In addition the right kind of grading, it's also important to have well-planned outdoor drainage systems. If you find that every time there is inclement weather, there is pooling or flooding of water in the landscape, give us a call. Our experts will inspect and survey these areas and make sure that the right types of drainage systems are installed. We can also dig garden trenches at specific points in the landscape to ensure that any excess water which enters or falls on your property gets directed to the main roads outside the boundary walls.
- Tractor Work - We use the latest tractors and earthmoving equipment to clear damaged areas of the landscaping. If there has been a mudslide on your property, we can dig trenches and areas for drainage installation etc.
- Concrete Demolition and Hauling - If there are any damaged or old concrete structures in the outdoor areas of your property; we can handle the demolition of these features. We use commercial, heavy-duty demolition machines and equipment and our expert personnel will make sure the yard demolition work is completed efficiently and safely. Once the demolition is complete, we will also level the land and grade it well. All the debris, dirt and concrete waste or even the dismantled old railroad ties will be hauled away from your site and disposed of responsibly.